ChildFund New Zealand is an independent international development organisation with an annual operating budget of approximately $13M supporting children and their communities in projects located in the Kiribati, Papua New Guinea, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Kenya and Zambia. It has a Negotiated Partnership with the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
ChildFund New Zealand is also a member of the ChildFund Alliance, a global network of 12 child-focused development organisations working to create opportunities for children and youth, their families, and communities. We help over 21 million children and their families in 70 countries to overcome poverty and the underlying conditions that prevent children from achieving their full potential. The annual global investment by the ChildFund Alliance exceeds US$550 million.
As a result of normal Board rotation, we are seeking three skilled Board members to join our diverse and highly committed Board.
Our vision is a world in which all children and youth thrive; enjoy their rights and achieve their full potential. We believe in partnerships; we are a diverse and high performing team of highly skilled and motivated individuals; we challenge our boundaries; and we do the right thing, not the easy thing.
We work alongside our communities to co-design long term development roadmaps to drive six main outcomes. They are:
- Strengthened protective environment to end violence against children.
- Reduced disaster impact and climatic risk.
- Improved quality of basic education and learning outcomes for children.
- Improved quality of health for the community (focusing on children, youth, and mothers).
- Improved social and emotional skills of young people to build better futures and act for positive change.
- Improved livelihood security of families and communities.
To complement our governance team, we are seeking persons with skills and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Financial, Accounting, Audit & Risk.
- Impact investment, innovation and supporting growth.
- Digital & data management governance with a focus on marketing, customer engagement and brand management.
- Expertise in Children’s rights.
If you have a passion for children and want to make a difference as an individual and as part of a committed team, then we would love to hear from you. Please click here to apply and submit a current Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter that outlines your reasons for wanting to join our Board .
All applications will be acknowledged by email and must be submitted by 5pm on 31 January 2021.
Questions may be directed to Sharon Searle of SmS Consulting (2018) Limited, Email: email@example.com, Mobile: 021 610 384.
Applicants must be living within New Zealand.